The District will post current employment openings to this page when they are available.
Castle Pines Metropolitan District Position Requisition
WATER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM OPERATOR I-IV (Non-Exempt Position)
This position is a valued member of the Castle Pines Metro District’s Water Response Team. This position assists with all functions of the District’s water distribution team, including water distribution maintenance, sewer collection maintenance, and roadway and storm drainage maintenance. This position requires a valid Colorado Water Distribution System Operator Class 1 Certificate (minimum). This position will also provide opportunities for career advancement.
- Performs specialized corrective and preventative maintenance and inspections work on District-owned infrastructure, including water line valve exercising, fire hydrant maintenance operation and repair, air-vac valve inspection, pressure reducing valve inspection and maintenance, water line flushing, repair and maintenance of buried and broken valve boxes and manholes, and assisting with finished water storage tank cleaning and inspections.
- Repairs and replaces damaged lines and piping. Locates and excavates leaks and breaks. Performs pipe tapping for new water and sewer service lines. Work may be in response to emergencies such as line breaks, sewer backups, and mechanical failures.
- Tracks maintenance work. Creates accurate reports, documents work orders, and accurate condition assessments using asset management system to ensure optimum performance of buried infrastructure. Creates maintenance orders and performs asset repairs. Records and tracks materials, hours on job, and records key information concerning asset condition before and after maintenance.
- Other water distribution system repairs and maintenance as assigned.
- Sanitary sewer collection repairs and maintenance as assigned.
- Storm drainage maintenance: cleaning drainage culverts, channels, detention and retention facilities.
- Road right-of-way maintenance as assigned: seeding, turf repair, signage repair
and mailbox repair, as necessary.
- Landscape maintenance as assigned: mowing, trimming, weed removal, fertilization, trail maintenance, trash collection, general groundskeeping duties as
- Roadway maintenance: snow removal and sanding.
- Responds to regular and emergency duties all hours of the day as required.
- Serve on the emergency on-call rotation, typically once every 3 weeks (including weekends and holidays).
- Housekeeping: maintains clean, neat, organized work environments – desk, work areas, vehicles and shop area.
- Participates in any and all work duties as assigned to support the District and the provision of any District services
- Valid Colorado Water Distribution System Operator Class 1 Certificate (minimum).
- Valid Colorado Class “B” Colorado Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) in good standing (or be able to obtain within six months of hire).
- Knowledge of water distribution systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in computer applications.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Willingness to work in a rotating shift schedule, including weekends and holidays, as required.
- Availability to serve on an on-call rotation, typically once every 3 weeks.
- The salary range for this role is $50,000 to $74,300 annually. Starting salary depends on qualifications.
- CPMD participates in PERA, which offers Defined Benefit (pension) and Defined Contribution retirement plan options.
- CPMD offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance. CPMD currently covers 100% of the premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees. CPMD also covers a portion of the premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance for dependents.
- CPMD currently pays 100% of the premium for short-term disability, long-term
disability, and life insurance for employees.
- CPMD currently offers 9 paid holidays for employees, plus PTO accrual beginning at 160 hours per year initially.
- CPMD currently offers a wellness program for gym membership reimbursement. Please the District’s website for more information on benefits at www.castlepinesmetro.com, >Resources>Employment Opportunities.
About Castle Pines Metropolitan District
CPMD is a quasi-governmental agency located near Castle Rock, Colorado. We provide water, wastewater, and stormwater services to approximately 5,000 residents. Despite our size, we pride ourselves in providing a top-tier water treatment and distribution system for the benefit of our residents. Our office is located within Castle Pines Village, where we frequently see elk, wild turkey, and other wildlife from our office.